Maura and Matt's wedding day started out in an absolute downpour. An outdoor anything was looking bleak. The day we took their engagement photos, it also rained. Both days though, that didn't put a damper on either Matt or Maura's spirits. They were so excited to get married and to have a party with their friends, any which way it happened wasn't going to bother them. The rain held off save a few drizzles until nearly the exact moment Matt and Maura entered their reception, at which point, the sky let loose, and. it. poured.
Some of our favorite things from their wedding:
1. Matt and Maura didn't see each other before the ceremony, and Matt's reaction to seeing Maura walking up the aisle is one of the best we've had the pleasure of photographing. (future couples, see note at end about your timeline!)
2. While we were taking Matt and Maura's pictures after the ceremony, Matt needed a pause button to revel in the enormity of what they had just done. It was the sweetest.
3. Maura's grandparents were celebrating their 60th anniversary 2 days before their wedding, and Matt and Maura honored them with the first dance, it was also the sweetest.
4. The bottom of Maura's dress got absolutely soaked in mud from the ground surrounding the tent. Didn't stop the party.
5. Ended the dance party with everyone sing-yelling Purple Rain.
Matt and Maura, you two are absolutely fantastic. Thankful for you and we absolutely loved your wedding!
Venue: Carnton Plantation
Coordinator: Alex Bovee of Vision in White Events
Videographer: Skye Studios
Hair and Make-Up: Babe Beauty Bar
Groom's Barber: Uncle Classic Barbershop
Flowers: FLWR shop
Invitation Suite and Stationery: Maura Day (bride), @mauraphyllis @MDRNHAND
Bride's Dress: Houghton, Alice in Ivory, Chicago
Bridesmaids: Amsale Nouvelle from Nordstrom
Groom and Groomsmen: Joseph Abboud
Side note to future couples: Matt and Maura's timeline was planned so well, we were able to photograph the (gorgeous) details of their reception in plenty of time before the reception which meant could fully cover it as well as keeping the distraction of guests in the background out of these detail shots. We also were able to do a full 'bridal' session with Maura and had lots of time for portraits of the two of them after. This doesn't always happen without a first look, so please let us know if you're interested in having guidance on your timeline, we can help with the scheduling so your portrait times can be relaxed and we can get everything you want and more.